Bullying Prevention Workshop - March 7th
Wednesday, March 7, 2012 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM (PST)
How can a child focus on learning when he/she does not feel safe?
Our goal is to do all that we can to ensure that McAuliffe is safe environment for all of our community members. In that spirit we are happy to announce this interactive and skill building workshop.
This workshop is for any parent or aiding adult of a McAuliffe student. We'll cover:
- What bullying is and is not, what conflict is and how to know the difference?
- The bullying dynamic and roles of participants, including bystanders.
- The language used at McAuliffe when addressing bullying.
- How to recognize bullying outside of the classroom.
- What you can do if you believe bullying is happening.
- The process used at McAuliffe, how to work with staff and what to expect.
We are incredibly fortunate that the workshop is being led by our very own McAuliffe parent and school couselor at Discovery Charter School, Marina Shepherd, MSW.
Because this is a interactive workshop, space is limited! A second workshop will be scheduled soon if you can't make this one.
Hope to see you there!
The Bullying Prevention Task Force