Bullitt County Campus Placement Test - Second 8-Weeks ONLY - First Time College Students
Bullitt County Campus Assessment
Where to come to take the Assessment:
Bullitt County Campus
505 Buffalo Run Road
Shepherdsville, KY 40165
Students will wait in the Lobby until everyone is called back at once.
How to prepare to the Assessment:
The test consists of 3 sections: English, Reading, and Math.
See the following link for practice test websites available: http://jefferson.kctcs.edu/en/academics/assessment_center.aspx
The Math section of the assessment is completed in KYOTE. You can follow the instructions below to set-up an account prior to assessment. Once you set-up your account, you will be able to do practice tests on the site as well.
Directions for setting-up a KYOTE account:
- Open Firefox
- Go to www.KYOTE.org
- Click “Register” under “Students”
- Complete your personal information
- Click “Create User”
What to bring on testing day:
- Identification - Student ID number (EMPLID-ID) and a photo ID are required to take the COMPASS assessment.
- Calculator - For the math section of the COMPASS you can use a calculator. Here are the calculator guidelines for compass testing: http://www.act.org/compass/student/calculator. If you do not have a calculator one will be provided for you on the test.
- Eventbrite Ticket - A confirmation will be immediately sent to the email address entered into the assessment registration system. A paper copy or electronic presentation of the Assessment Registration Ticket is required at the door.
The test is untimed; you will have as long as you need to complete your placement test. On average, the test takes about 2 ½ hours for all 3 sections.
Children are NOT ALLOWED in the Assessment Center. You should make other arrangements for childcare.