Bullitt County Campus Assessment
Where to come to take the Assessment:
Bullitt County Campus
505 Buffalo Run Road
Shepherdsville, KY 40165
Students will wait in the Lobby until everyone is called back at once.
How to prepare for the Assessment:
The test consists of 3 sections: English, Reading, and Math.
Visit the websites below for practice tests.
http://www.kyote.org/mc/placementPractice.aspx - For Math placement test
https://www.khanacademy.org/ - For all three placement tests
https://www.test-guide.com/TABE/?gclid=CMyDm5-A8tACFcEbgQodaqoBwg – for Reading & Language placement tests
The Math section of the assessment is completed in KYOTE. You will be able to do practice tests on the site. Follow the instructions below to set-up an account prior to assessment.
Directions for setting up a KYOTE account:
- Open Firefox
- Go to www.KYOTE.org
- Click “Register” under “Students”
- Complete your personal information
- Click “Create User”
What to bring on testing day:
- Identification -Student ID number (EMPLID-ID) and a photo ID are required to take the TABE and KYOTE assessments.
- Calculator - For the math section of the KYOTE you can use a calculator. Here are the calculator guidelines for KYOTE testing:TI 84 or lower.If you do not have a calculator one will be provided for you on the test day.
- Eventbrite Ticket - A confirmation will be immediately sent to the email address entered into the assessment registration system.
The KYOTE test is untimed; you will have as long as you need to complete your placement test. The TABE tests are timed: Reading 55 minutes, Language 50 minutes.
On average, the assessments take about 3 hours for all 3 sections.
Children are NOT ALLOWED in the Assessment Center. You should make other arrangements for childcare.