Actions and Detail Panel
Building the Basics of Shopify Theme Development
Wed, Jun 14, 2017, 10:00 AM – Thu, Jun 15, 2017, 4:00 PM EDT
Please note: This is a two-day workshop that runs from 10am - 4pm on June 14th & 15th.
This workshop provides a holistic introduction to Shopify Theme development. We’ll start with an overview of the Shopify Platform and its role in the e-commerce market. We will then dive into the development environment, components of a Shopify theme, the Liquid templating language used by Shopify, the Shopify API, and other extensions to theme functionality. At the end of these two-days, you will have a base store theme you can adapt for future Shopify projects.
What will I learn?
- Setting up your Shopify development environment
- Templating with Liquid
- Working with the Shopify API
- Building a multi-product store theme
What will I build?
- A template product page
- Updating the cart using AJAX
- A base Shopify Store theme
What will I need to bring?
- Shopify partner account
- Computer running latest OSX or Windows
- Sublime Text, or another plain-text editor
What are the prerequisites?
- Participants in this workshop must have basic understanding of programming concepts, including experience working with HTML and CSS.
This workshop is facilitated by Up at Five.
Lunch will be provided on both days. Please contact us if you have any dietary restrictions.
Refunds for HackerYou workshops will only be given if we are notified 7 days prior to the event.