This will be a gathering of people sharing information about community projects:
- The University of Pawtucket - New training initiative - with David Goldstein
- Walking Paths in Pawtucket & Central Falls- with Gail Ahlers
- And other community projects in Pawtucket and Central Falls that the group wants to discuss
When & Where
The Empowerment Factory & Gail Ahlers
The Empowerment Factory is a non-profit 501(c)3 community learning center located in the Hope Artiste Village in Pawtucket. Our mission is to positively impact our community by creating smarter, happier and more empowered people. We focus on serving two demographics:
1. Youth: primarily underprivileged elementary and middle school children and their families. We provide afterschool empowerment programs to elementary and middle school youth.
2. Entrepreneurs of all ages, the unemployed and people in transition.We host a Tuesday lunchtime learning workshops that are free and open to the public.
We also rent the space for events, workshops, trainings and classes by the half day - up to 4 hours, and full day - up to 12 hours.
The space itself is quite inviting being in a renovated mill building with high ceiling and sky lights. There are over 20 chairs, a variety of tables, a small kitchenette and lounge area where one can admire some of artwork or browse one of the books from the library.
Find out more details on us on our facebook page and website.