San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
As the modern business world moves towards using public cloud offerings it is vital to have a good grasp on options available for the architecture and delivery of these systems. Microsoft's Azure provides a wide selection of services to choose from, and the offerings are rapidly expanding with new features and capabilities.
This two-day, instructor-led course is structured to teach participants about the services available in Azure and when and how to use them to optimize the benefits of building cloud solutions. The course is a combination of lecture and hands-on labs which drive home each module's lessons. At the end of the workshop, participants will not only understand what's available but will have used the services to build and deploy software into the cloud.
- Application Architects
- System Architects
- Application Developers
Participants will learn to:
- Understand the type of offerings available from Microsoft's Azure platform
- Create and use Azure Application Services including Web Sites, Mobile features, API's and Logic apps
- Provision and use a SQL Azure database as a service
- Automate scaling and backups
- Understand the differences between available services and the usage patterns they solve
- Getting started with Azure. In the first module you will learn about Azure as a Public Cloud offering from Microsoft and how to create an account that can be used to provision services including promotional offers available to help offset the costs involved. We will then dive into the types of service offerings and you will get a broad overview of what's available. Finally, you will gain an understanding of the management tools available for provisioning these services and strategies for automation.
- Application Services. In this module you will learn how to use App Services to deploy a Web App, add features to it such as API and QuickTables, work with WebJobs and Web Hooks to add functionality, and use the features of Azure to enable automatic scaling and performance alerts.
- Data Storage Overview. In Azure there are a number of services you can use to store and manage data including relational and non-relational options. In this module we will explore the differences between these options.
- Performance, Scalability and Reliability Patterns and Practices. In this module you will learn about the services available to gain performance, scalability and reliability.
- Data Streaming Patterns. As we become a society that relies more and more on connected devices we enter world of the Internet of Things (IoT), which communicate and relies on real time synchronization of data and monitoring. Azure offers a number of services that help make this easier and provide a base on which to build on. In this module you discover how Event Hubs, Stream Analytics, Functions, Machine Learning and other tools are used to make sense of the mountains of data we are now able to capture.
Save This Event
When & Where
Improving - Twin Cities
Improving believes that the best way to learn is through the application of knowledge in real-world environments. We specialize in creating situated, hands-on learning solutions for our customers in the areas of agile processes, object-oriented design, and test-driven development.