Our Workshop Programme offers a series of day-long, practically-based sessions, led by individuals with real experience of the issues, and specially tailored for people responsible for theatre buildings who want practical and detailed advice.
Thursday 23 March 2017
Theatres are complex, and often historic, buildings where budgets are usually tight. Proper maintenance of a theatre helps to keep running costs under control and protects your building. This course looks at some of the key maintenance issues theatres face and helps you to address them.
Suitable for: Those responsible for decision-making about maintenance and renewal and with financial responsibility in theatres of any size.
Content: We will study case studies from different theatres, and hear from experienced practitioners. There will be an opportunity to look at maintenance plans for your own theatres.
Learning Outcomes: By the end of the course you will:
• know how to create a maintenance and renewal plan;
• understand key budgeting and cashflow issues;
• consider specific challenges associated with historic theatres;
• understand regulations and best Health & Safety practice;
• identify sustainability and retrofitting building improvements.