San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Build your very own desktop 3D printer... and learn how to use it!
A kit containing all materials and software will be provided to build and operate a 3D Printer. The printer is a Graber i3, based on the Prusa i3, with nearly all of the parts being laser cut.
There will be four scheduled class dates, every Saturday from 10:00am until 2:00pm, January 11th through February 1st. More will be added if needed. The first class will focus on assembling the frame. The second will be installing the electronics. The third will cover installing the firmware and host software (Repetier will be provided) and calibration. The last class will cover importing models, slicing, printing, and troubleshooting.
Included with the kit:
- 1/4" MDF laser cut frame and hardware
- Sanguish 1.1 electronics board
- 0.35mm J-Head hot end (extruder nozzle)
- 5x stepper motors
- Heated Build Platform with glass cover
- 1 Lb of PLA filament
What's not included:
- 12 volt power supply. You'll need to provide a minimum 250 watt PC power supply, or purchase one online. I did not include this as it can be a good cost savings if you want to repurpose an old PC power supply. If you request it I can include one for an extra $35.
- A laptop. You will need to bring a laptop to load the firmware, calibrate the movement, and run your print jobs. I've used an old 800MHz netbook with good success, so yours doesn't need to be anything special.
When & Where
Twin Cities Maker
Twin Cities Maker is a workshop community in Minneapolis where you can Make, Share and Learn. Our classes are open to members and non-members alike.
For more information about Twin Cities Maker, including how to become a member, check out our main website.