San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Photographer Frank Relle [www.frankrelle.com] will be teaching a two hour photography workshop in the Broodmoor neighborhood of New Orleans.
This free guided workshop will be limited to 20 people and will cover the basics of digital photography while exploring the streets and characters of the French Quarter.
*The session is free with an option to donate, the proceeds of which will go towards continuing this workshop series.
Outlined below are the details of what you can expect as a participant in this photo workshop.
Time: 6:00 - 8:00pm
Meeting Location: Meet in the sun room of community center (Napoleon St. entrance) at Rosa F. Keller Library, 4300 S Broad
Photo Workshop of Broadmoor: We will walk to the streets of Broadmoor to use the storefronts, buildings and houses as models for our photography lesson.
What You Will Learn
· Lens selection, when to zoom and not to zoom
· Hold the camera for maximum picture sharpness
· Use selective focus to determine the subject of each photograph
· Frame your subject using available flowers, trees, bushes and doorways
· Pose people you do know in front of famous landmarks and monuments
· Take pictures of people you do not know
· Take close-up pictures of flowers and statues
· Put strong composition lines and balance into your pictures
· Use the other controls on your camera you were once afraid to try
· Basic exposure compensation
Who should attend:
From beginner to advanced amateur, any photographer will have a great learning experience during our photo workshops.
What to Bring:
The photo workshop is intended to teach you to better use the camera you use most often. There is no camera too simple or complicated for this workshop. Bring the camera you like best. Point and Shoots are acceptable.
Here is a general list of suggested equipment. It is optional, not required. Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any concerns or questions.
· If you have an SLR body, bring lenses from 20mm up to 300mm, if available. If not, an 18-55mm or 18-70mm lens is fine.
· Digital shooters, bring at least 2 gigs of memory cards or backup devices
· Film shooters, bring several rolls of film, ISO 200-400
· Spare fully charged batteries
What about bad weather?
We will go rain or shine. Weather is an important part of making pictures. If it looks like rain bring a rain jacket. When it rains hard, we will look for covered locations.