Actions and Detail Panel
Bringing Baby Home: A Relationship Workshop for Expecting Couples - April
Fri, Apr 21, 2017, 7:00 PM – Sun, Apr 23, 2017, 5:00 PM
Bringing Baby Home: Three-Day Workshop
April 21, 22 & 23, 2017
Meeting times vary by day:
April 21 Friday Evening // 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
April 22: Saturday, All Day // 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
April 23: Sunday Afternoon // 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Your registration includes:
- Attendance for both parents
- Workbook and class materials
- Light snacks and refreshments
- Please arrive on time. There is lots of good stuff to cover, so class begins promptly.
- Class is held in the Unity Oaks building, room 204.
- There will be a one-hour break for lunch on Saturday. Feel free to bring your own lunch or visit one of the many nearby restaurants.
Bringing Baby Home is unlike any other class you’ll take while preparing for your baby.
In this highly interactive workshop you’ll spend time with your partner developing skills to keep you connected as a couple and help you bond with baby. You’ll explore how to:
- Deepen your friendship with each other
- Understand and meet your baby’s developmental needs
- Deal with the normal stress that comes with having a baby
- Avoid relationship meltdown
- Share daily responsibilities
- Solve problems together
- Keep romance alive
Drs. John and Julie Gottman, of The Gottman Institute, have developed the evidence-based and research-tested Bringing Baby Home program. They’ve been studying couples and relationship issues for nearly four decades, including the transition to parenthood and have pulled together their findings of what successful couples do to strengthen their friendship and effectively handle conflict.
Find out more about this powerful program at: www.allisonburch.com.