This event is only for members of the Rochester Makerspace who have been certified on our combination machine mill and lathe. Attend this session if you feel qualified to use our Bridgeport Mill and wish to be certified to use it. You will be allowed approximately 10 minutes to demonstrate to our instructor that you can safely and properly use the mill. Certification standards include the following:
- Working knowledge of all mill capabilities and controls
- The ability to use personal protective equipment and all safety features of the mill
- The ability to set up and indicate a workpiece and select proper cutting tools
- The ability to look up proper feeds and speeds in the reference manual
- The ability to troubleshoot a poorly set-up workpiece (identify cause of chatter, rough finish, chipped tools, etc.)
The certification session will be followed by a Bridgeport Mill Training class for those who do not yet qualify for certification. During that class, you will be certified on the mill if you become qualified.
This session is available for free to members of the Rochester Makerspace. You can become a member for just $40. Visit rochestermakerspace.org to sign up. You must be a member to participate!