Bridge to Bridge Swim, San Francisco
Sunday, June 23, 2013 from 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM (PDT)
San Francisco, CA
This is a spectacular swim - a challenging and gorgeous trip along the entire San Francisco bay-side waterfront. The swim begins with a jump off the boat under the Golden Gate Bridge. The swim proceeds East and then South toward the Bay Bridge. View the course map on our website under Open Water Programs, Expeditions (http://swim-art.com/expeditions.html). You can also find an 8-week Bridge to Bridge training plan at :http://swim-art.com/expeditions.html
This is an advanced level, 6-mile swim with the current.
- must be able to swim one mile without stopping
- must have completed at least two open water swims (anywhere)
- must be able to swim one mile in 50 minutes or less
- must have some experience in cold water or willing to swim once in Aquatic Park before doing the swim
- Lots of warm clothes and a hat to put on after you swim
- Bottle of warm water to clean the sand off your feet off after the swim
- Body Glide or Vaseline (if you don't have any we'll have some extra, too)
- Swim Suit
- Wetsuit (optional)
- Earplugs, if your ears are at all sensitive to the water
- Trash bag to take your wet wetsuit home in
Spectator spaces are limited. Please indicate during registration should you wish to bring a spectator.
For at additional $50 you may hire a private kayak escort.
REFUNDS: You must give your credit card information to Eventbrite at the time you register. We will offer a full refund, in the form of a check, up to seven days before the trip, with a $2 processing fee.The refund does not include the Eventbrite fees incurred by Swim Art. After seven days, no refund will be offered. You may transfer your registration to another swim (of equal value) with no extra charge, at least 24 hours before the date of the swim you are not doing.
Cancellations: We reserve the right to cancel a swim if we do not meet the minimum requirement of 4 swimmers. We also reserve the right to cancel a swim if the weather conditions make the swim unsafe.
When & Where
Swim Art offers open water swimming programs in the San Francisco Bay, and beyond. We specialize in instructional clinics and expedition swims. For 9 years, we have shared our love of open water swimming with others by offering challenging swims and new experiences, and helping people learn the skills they need to be successful in the open water.