Actions and Detail Panel
Brewlympics & Creative Bash
Sun, April 23, 2017, 2:00 PM – 9:00 PM EDT
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
Brewlympics & Creative Bash (BCB) is a pub olympic competition for local startups, businesses, and professional organizations. Intersecting local tech, business, art and music, BCB aims to build company cultures while uniting professionals with the vibrant creative community in Gainesville.
The tournament style competition will feature cornhole, beer pong, flip cup, Jenga and foosball with live mural painting and music throughout the event.
A chance for companies to:
- Build internal, cross-departmental culture
- Coalesce with the vibrant local art and music scene
- Drink beer for a cause (with proceeds going to Active Streets Alliance's Curriculum in a Bag system promoting STEAM education)
- Hold the 2017 Brewlympics title and trophy with a full year of bragging rights.
Competition Rules and Details:
- Every team will play every game during the first round
- 2-4 players per team
- If a team has only 2 players, each person on the team will play every game at least once, with the same 2 players playing throughout the tournament.
- If a team has more than 2 players, the team will be able to swap out players depending on the game. (Example: 2 players will only play beer pong and cornhole, the other two will play Jenga and foosball etc.) However, a single team will never be playing simultaneously.
- 5 rounds of games
- 1 point = 1 won game (any type) in a single round
- Highest scorers in single round will advance with all points zeroing out at the start of each successive round
- Point ties that determine advancement will be settled with a flip cup competition
- A randomizer will determine the games that each team plays in the round (with an exception of round 1 and the final round which includes every game)
Wristband wearers will get to participate in the mural auction, vote for crowd favorites, and get discounted beer throughout the day with all the proceeds going to Active Streets Alliance (wristbands included in team packages).
Companies can send a maximum of 5 teams
Digital promotion and logo on the official event banner are included for companies that send 2+ teams.
Companies or organizations that are interested in sponsoring the event but do not want to register a team can purchase a sponsorship only package to will receive digital promotion and their logo on the official event banner.
You must be affiliated with an incorporated business or professional organization to compete.
Kombucha will be provided for non-drinkers. Please specify during registration.