San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Please join me for a talk and tasting designed to demonstrate why I believe that "Loca-vore" should also mean "Loca-pour" when it comes to the sourcing of draft beer here in the Bay Area.
As most of you know The Hog's Apothecary works to make our draft selection as close to 100% brewery-direct as possible. This coming Sunday, armed with a bunch of great beers - as well as a couple of bad ones - I will attempt to convince folks that we are doing it right.
What we will taste:
- "1903" Pre-Prohibition Lager, Craftsman, Pasadena, CA (both fresh and stale)
- Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Sierra Nevada, Chico, CA (both fresh and stale)
- "Tosca" - a custom craft beer brewed by Fort Point Brewing for Tosca restaurant and bar in San Francisco
- "House Burmese Ale" a custom crafted wheat beer brewed by Ale Industries for the Burma Superstar restaurants
- "Biere de Tartine" a customer Wild Ale brewed by Linden Street Brewery from Bar Tartine
Should be great, nerdy and tasty fun for all. Plus, its free!
When & Where
Beer And Soul
At BeerAndSoul.com we seek to celebrate the world’s greatest drink, as it is actually experienced in our day-to-day lives: with equally great food and company. We don’t grade beers, we drink them, and every pint provides another page in the story.