Actions and Detail Panel
Brew You Yoga Weekend
Thu, Jun 8, 2017, 4:00 PM – Sun, Jun 11, 2017, 12:00 PM EDT
Brew You Vermont Weekend
3 days of the Outdoors, Food, Meditation and Fun to BREW all parts of YOU.
The Brew You Weekend Experience turns health and wellness on its head!
Through food and meditation, we explore the process of distilling and fermenting, to bring YOUR unique ingredients into balance.
It’s nourishment for mind-body-spirit unlike anything you’ve experienced, packed with practical tools to be your most essential, happy, healthy self.
- Yoga, hiking and kayaking with stunning mountain views
- Vegetables, kombucha, beer oh my! Explore the power of fermented foods to preserve not only food but our health - and learn to make your own pickled vegetables with Leanne
- Taste fine whiskey distilled by guide Sarah experience the connection between the arts of distillation & meditation in ceremony inspired by alchemists & medicine men of old
- Find ease in healthy cooking as we create a nutritious dinner to share led by our fabulous private chef Leslie!
- Relax in the hot tub and enjoy the fire pit in the evenings
Included in the retreat
- Accommodations for 3 nights @ Good Commons
- All meals Thurs evening thru Sunday morning
- Yoga, Hiking, Kayaking/Canoeing
- Fermentation Party, Cooking Class
- Guided Shamanic Journey, Whiskey Meditation Ceremony
- Wine Available - Honor bar donation
- Shared room for 2 people - 1 bed and 2 bed options available
- Loft style sleeping - cozy loft with 8 twin beds
Rates Per person
- Shared room - $875 per person
- Loft Sleeping - $725 per person
- Deposit to confirm reservation - $250 per person
- Balance Due May 8
- Payment options - Check, Venmo, PayPal. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your preferred option.
- Boston - 2 hours 45 mins by car
- Manchester, NH - 2 hours by car
About your Guides
Leanne is a certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, Yoga & Zumba Instructor, beer fan and food & wine lover! After 15 years living the corporate life, 6 of those years in the beer industry, she followed her passion for wellness, nutrition and fitness to jumpstart her own Health Coaching business. She's passionate about simplyfing health and making it fun! She helps people reframe their relationship with their health, learn how to listen to their body, and find their own unique definition of wellbeing. www.leannemace.com
This spiritual entrepreneur and teacher is a student of the yogis and the shamans. She’s a home distiller and whiskey lover. And registered yoga instructor with the Yoga Alliance. She has her MBA and BAs in Philosophy and Dance and has taught dance, yoga, and meditation to all ages. She now leads global retreats for mind- body-spirit immersion. Once upon a time, she was a Director for a Fortune 500. Her business strategy now is to love life and act with clear, felt purpose. www.sarahsyogadistillery.com
Leslie - Our Chef!
Leslie McDonald is a Board Certified Health Coach, with the American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP) after receiving training from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. She is also a Reiki II healer and holds a BA and MSPC degrees from Clark University. Her approach to wellness does not just focus on the foods you eat, but also on the relationships you have, your career choices and physical activity. You can find her most mornings before the sun rises at yoga or working out, at home cooking with her husband, at the dog park with her rescue dog, Sadie, or starting the day with a green smoothie in one hand and dark chocolate in the other.
A spirit like home. Nestled in the mountains of Vermont about half way between Killington and Okemo is has the traditional New England feel. The energy of the space is calm, relaxing and feels like home from the moment you walk in the door.
A rich history. The building used to be a general store selling groceries and household items to the neighboring villages. The dedicated yoga studio space is where the general store used to sit. It was family owned during the 1930's, added an ice cream parlor and sandwich shop as the family raised their 6 children there over the following decades.
Female owned and run! Now, it is owned by Tesha Buss, who went from living her childhood dream of performing on Broadway, which she did as Rumpleteazer in Cats in 1998 to her adulthood dream of owning a center for people to come together as she puts it for "relaxation, rejuvenation and a rockin’ good time". It's managed by Mary, an avid skiier, beer and bourbon lover - so clearly we were meant to have our Brew You retreat here! Mary is the type of person who immediately feels like an old friend even through mostly email communication!
Upon arrival Tesha shares history of the building including some, shall we say, interesting experiences with spirits over the years…we don't want to steal her thunder so you'll just have to wait until we arrive to hear more on that!
The home is a community solar powered facility, and they take measures to conserve energy, water, and other natural resources.
The ground floor has the light filled yoga room, where we'll hold our morning practice. A community table where we'll share our delicious meals made from local and organics foods. And of course the kitchen where snag our morning coffee and smoothie each day, get our fermentation on, pickle our own veggies just like they used to and get a lesson in the simplicity of healthy cooking from Leslie!
The 6 second floor bedrooms are cozy with all the comforts of home and share 3 full bathrooms. There is a steam room to relax in and cozy living room with fireplace to round out the second floor.
The top floor has loft sleeping with 8 single beds, a separate living room space and 2 full bathrooms. Comfortable and homey for falling fast asleep after a day of hiking, yoga, delicious and satisfying meal and night by the fire pit.
The back porch provides another beautiful space for yoga, a relaxing hot tub they tell me has just been redone(!) and firepit where we'll relax each evening.
Just writing this I can't wait to get back there!