B.R.E.A.T.H.E: Circles for My Sistas will be hosting it's FIRST EVER WINTER RETREAT!
When: Saturday, December 17, 2016
Where: 348 E. 146th st., Bronx, NY 10451
Who: Lil Sistas- (13yrs-19yrs)
Who Else: Big Sistas- (20yrs+)
This Event is FREE!!!
This full day retreat is created in collaboration with and for our Lil Sistas to B.R.E.A.T.H.E! We will encourage Balance, Restoration, Empowerment, Affirmation, Transformation, Healing, and Embodiment as black girls healing together holistically! We are dedicated to providing a safe, sacred, and LIT space in which ALL Black Girls (Identified and of African Descent) can get free and be free in community on with another. We will center the voices and stories of our Lil Sistas while also creating space for a transformative and loving intergenerational experience.
OUR FULL DAY RETREAT WILL INCLUDE:
- Breakfast, Lunch && Dinner!!
- SWAG Bags
- Yoga & Dance
- Sista Circles (Peer Led)
- Manifesting Visions
- Sista Affrimations and Chants!
- Intimate Partner Violence and Healthy Relationships
- Journaling and Reflection (Journals Provided)
- Reclaiming Sanctuary (body) through Hip Hop
- I get it from my mama! (Recognizing & Healing Generational/Ancestrial Trauma)
- Girls on the road to Freedom!
- God is a Black Girl (finding myself in the Imago Dei)
All should wear/bring Comfortable clothing for Yoga and Dance!
If we you are an adult, parent, or group leader, we invite you to join us and to help us hold the space as a Big Sista!
**If you are bringing a group, Please send an email with names of the participants to BreatheCircles@gmail.com
**If you have any questions please email Ashley Ellis at BreatheCircles@gmail.com