A certified lactation counselor instructs the course. Topics discussed in classes vary among latch, the importance of the first few hours baby is born, methods to increase milk production and much more. Our lactation counselor will help you to feel more confident and be more prepared so that you may successfully breastfeed your infant. Women only, please. Please see our Monthly Calendar for class dates/times.
In this class the instructor with go over the following criteria:
- How to establish a good milk supply
- Nutrition, 101 reasons to breastfeed
- Alternatives to breastfeeding-Cup, Spoon, Syringe
In this class the instructor will go over the following criteria:
- How to understand if your baby is latched correctly
- What is mastitis
- Pumping and going back to work
Both classes are to be taken BEFORE baby arrives and both classes should be taken for maximum knowledge!
**Starting in February 2016, breastfeeding classes will be back to back. If you plan to attend both classes, consider bringing a snack.