San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Talk about marathons being tough races if you want, but a well-run mile on the track requires as much courage as any other distance. Runners are seeded into 12-14 heats based on their projected finish times. GWTC picked the Wright family to direct this event and Felton, Bonnie and Jamie (until he left for college) put on a great show, including pancakes for breakfast. The first year for this race was 1998 and they have directed every race.
Date: August 13, 2016
- 7:45 a.m. - 1 Mile Grand Prix Track Race
- 4 x 400 Relay after last heat
- 9:15 a.m. - Awards
Place: Maclay School Track, 3737 N. Meridian Road
- Online: $16.00 through 8/12/16 (online)
- Paper or Race Day: $18.00
- School Club Teams with five or more runners: $5 each
For additional information, contact the race directors, Bonnie and Felton Wright.