BRBEN: Boston Regional Business Ethics Network (April 13, 2017) @ Boston Co...
* Note that we're meeting at Boston College: Fulton Honors Library (room 215), Fulton Hall, Carroll School of Management.
Due to cancellation of our Winter event, please join us for our Spring gathering of BRBEN, the Boston Regional Business Ethics Network on Thursday April 13th (12:00 - 2:00), hosted and sponsored by the Carroll School of Management, Boston College!
Guest Speaker: Dr. Mary C. Gentile, Creator / Director of Giving Voice to Values and Professor of Practice, University of Virginia Darden School of Business
- Challenging the assumptions about business ethics at companies and business schools, Dr. Gentile argues that often the issue in ethical decision-making is not distinguishing what is right or wrong, but instead knowing how to act on your values despite opposing pressure. Drawing on actual business experiences as well as social science research, Dr. Gentile will explain the rationale and principles behind this empowering approach to developing ethical muscles - the skills and confidence - required to voice and act on our values and discuss how it has been used by educators and managers in nearly 1,000pilot sits across the globe.
- For further information about Dr. Gentile's work prior to our gathering, please see her website.
Location, Logistics, Lunch & Sponsors
- Lunch will be provided, generously sponsored by our host, the Carroll School of Management at Boston College (thank you!)
- Parking is available in the Beacon Street garage or the Commonwealth garage. There also is parking on Beacon Street. A campus map can be found here and the garages are marked in white.
Please feel free to share ! Please share this invitation with colleagues - academic and practitioners, alike - who may be interested in this event (for registration purposes) or future events (so they can get on our mailing list).
Listserv: For those of you interested in joining our listserv, please simply email BRBEN@bu.edu. We encourage all members to join the listserv, and then to post announcements, position notices, activities, materials, events or other items of shared interest.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Your ticket records whether you chose a vegetarian lunch option for your meal so it is helpful if you could bring it with you to the event.
Date and Time
Fulton Honors Library (Room 215), Fulton Hall, Carroll School of Management
257 beacon st.
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467