There's a tectonic shift underway in the world of the CMO, as senior level marketers are tasked with rapidly changing new roles. Join us to help decode the complexity of this Brand New World — including explorations of how to extract big insights from big data, what brands can learn from nimble, early stage disruptors, new approaches to product design, and the macro media and cultural trends shaping business in 2014.
Speakers include Harper Reed, CTO for the Obama 2012 re-election campaign, author and media theorist Douglas Rushkoff, founder of Prehype Henrik Werdelin as well as noted product and interaction designer Jill Nussbaum.
Brand New World will take place at Bloomberg LP and is only available to CMO Passholders. Breakfast and lunch will be served.
Author "Present Shock"
CEO, Lunar Technology
Product Interaction Designer
PART 1: The Evolution of Media and Culture
- An overview keynote by Present Shock Author Douglas Rushkoff
PART 2: Stories and Insights on a Changing Marketing Landscape, Interview by Jeffrey Hayzlett (Bloomberg)
- With Lisa Shalett (Goldman Sachs), Linda Boff (GE), and Valerie Buckingham (Nokia)
PART 3: Analyzing disruption: How entrepreneurs circumvent traditional models
- With Jeff Raider (co-founder, Harry's)
- Kevin Nazemi (co-founder, Oscar)
What brands can learn from startups (and how brands can innovate from within): Moderated by Tom Keene of Bloomberg
- James Cooper (Betaworks), and Henrik Werdelin (Pre-hype)
PART 4: Finding Big Insights from Big Data
- Keynote by Harper Reed (Obama CTO for 2012 re-election)
PART 5: Imagination, Storytelling and the Future
- Jill Nussbaum (Barbarian Group) presents "Design Fiction"
Speed-Networking Lunch: featuring Bloomberg and Social Media Week Experts