Join us a Roundtable Breakfast for solo
professionals and solopreneurs
(Limited to 15 registrants)
Solos face unique challenges and opportunities in their business. They often wear all the hats in their business or work with a skeleton crew of support staff. You get to be your own boss, have a flexible schedule, choose who your clients are, do what you are most passionate about, and get paid for it. Yet it can be lonely or overwhelming as a solo.
This event is designed for the soloprofessional or solopreneur who owns a business which provides some type of service. Attorneys, CPA's, independent financial advisors, consultants, coaches, and IT or marketing professionals are among the service professionals we usually have at our events. However, if you are a solo in another industry not named above, contact me and we may be able to fit you in if this group is a good fit for you.
My goal in hosting and facilitating this event is for solos to feel like they have access to a team of like minded individuals, even if they work alone in their business. You can be in business for yourself, but don't have to be by yourself. We will brainstorm with you about new ideas or a challenge you face in your business. You will walk away with knowledge, support, fresh ideas, and potentially some new contacts you can feel comfortable calling up in future days, weeks, or months to discuss other challenges or ideas. You might even build a business relationship with one or more people who attend, and feel comfortable referring business to them or introducing them to another professional looking to grow his or her network.
My only rule: Our discussions will not leave the room and we will all agree to respect one another's privacy and confidentiality.
The topics will change each session depending on what questions are asked, but we could address some of the following topics:
- operational issues (Where to find the right affordable office space, whether it's virtual or a physical office; finding affordable part time or contract employees; bartering; profitability questions/concerns; billing/accounting/collection issues; professional liability insurance and other insurances; legal concerns, etc.)
- Marketing on a shoe string (What social media sites should YOU be using? Do you really need a blog? Is your website working for you? Should you do your own marketing or hire it out? Identifying and reaching your target market Paid PR vs Earned PR, etc.)
- Effective Networking (30 second commercials, planning and follow up before/after events, who to spend your time with, what groups to join, how to keep the relationship going, networking protocol, etc.)
- Time Management issues (When is your day really over as a solo? How can you be more productive and work less? What technology tools are effective in your industry and for your business and budget? What can you delegate? Is it time to bring in staff or contract out services? Etc.)
- Other challenges you are facing, or new ideas you want some feedback on.
8:00-8:15am: Registration, open networking, and start eating breakfast (coffee/tea and bagels will be provided and can be enjoyed throughout the program).
8:15-9:15am: We will hold our roundtable discussion and brainstorm as a group to come up with feedback and solutions to the questions/concerns/ideas you pose. Come to the meeting prepared to ask questions, listen, and share.
9:15am-9:30am: Final Comments/Announcements/Event Wrap-up
9:30am-10am: Open networking for anyone who wishes to stay. We must vacate the room by 10am.
$20 per person
All participants must pre-pay/pre-register in advance
Payment may be made online (with a small service charge added by Eventbrite) or by check payable to Your Legal Resource, PLLC. Checks must be mailed by the Friday before the event, and the sooner the better. Credit cards will be accepted up to 5pm the night before each session, if space permits. Mail checks to Your Legal Resource, PLLC, PO Box 1552, Birmingham, MI 48012-1552.
Note, each session is limited to 15 people, so RSVP early to hold your spot.
We thank Intelligent Office for sponsoring our event and providing their conference room space. Tours and pricing information is available at the end of the program if you need a virtual office, conference room space, a mailing address, a full time office, or receptionist services for your business. Intelligent Office will customize a solution that works for your schedule, budget, and business.
For directions and more information about the Intelligent Office,
For Questions or to RSVP for these events, contact Lori Williams at 248-594-4470 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view all Your Legal Resource events for 2014, click here.
Lori T. Williams, Your Legal Resource, PLLC
Lori T. Williams is a 27 year attorney and owner of a legal referral service and consulting business for professional service providers called Your Legal Resource, PLLC. She connects the right client with the right attorney in all areas of law throughout Metro Detroit. She also consults with and trains attorneys and other professionals on how to generate more business through effective networking, referral marketing strategies, and by forming strategic partnerships. For more information, visit: www.bestlegalresource.com.