Actions and Detail Panel
Brain Dev 101: Understanding the Impact of Trauma on Brain Development (AP...
Tue, January 3, 2017, 1:00 PM – 4:30 PM EST
This course will provide participants with foundational knowledge about how adversity and trauma can impact brain development.
Participants will also be introduced to brain architecture and early brain development in children.
Topics and Learning Objectives
How the Brain Develops
• Identify the brain architecture and functions of different brain
• Describe the general processes of brain development in young
children and adolescents
• Discuss how both genetics and environment play a role in brain
The Brain’s Response to Stress
• Identify the three classifications of stress and the relationship of
each to healthy brain development
• Describe the connection between child maltreatment, toxic
stress, and the impact on brain development
• Describe common negative effects of toxic stress and child
maltreatment on children’s brains