This is the 6th annual festival by voluntary association Jeevan Initiative.
5 core objectives:
1. Tribute: to the epic river (Kalika Purana to battle of Saraighat).
2. Unity: celebrate the river as the Symbol of Unity (all ethnicity, same river)
3. Create: sense of swachchata around the river (instead of dumping garbage or open defecating, people will light earthen lamp, fly kites, be part of creative & cultural activities).
4. Explore: potential of tourism and livelihood by the river (brainstorming on the actual ground by all stakeholders).
5. Connect: people with the nature and culture of the land (especially the urban youth).
1. Brahmaputra Vandana. Every evening, thousands will offer earthen lamps and flower to the river.
2. International Kite Festival. On the riverside, thousands will fly kites, as a metaphor of their desire to have wings. International kite clubs are confirming participation.
3. Roundtable Sessions on (a) Brahmaputra’s Tourism & Livelihood Potential (b) Brahmaputra as a Unity Symbol
4. On Boat Exhibition of Art & Designs of the Brahmaputra Valley. Sand Sculpture.
5. Live cultural performances. Representation of cultural diversity and identity.
6. Heritage Cruise with tourist guide will connect the visitors with Sukreswar, Umananda, Aswaklanta, Manikarnewar Devalay.
7. Contests on theme Brahmaputra: (Choreography on songs mentioning Brahmaputra, Photography and Quiz on the Brahmaputra)
8. Juice Festival (India’s only of its kind). Independently held in 2013-14-15. Seeks to create urban demand for village fruit drinks of the region.
9. International Film Festival (by Cine Art Society of Assam). This prestigious festival was held independently for many years, this time merging with the Carnival. Jeevan Music Video Awards, the first-of-its-kind in the country, will also be presented.
10. Assam Puppetry Theatre. Assamese Putola Nach in front of metropolitan audience for revisiting and supporting this near-to-extinct folk art form.
11. Adventure Sports by Global Adventure Association
12. Robotics by Aero-modellers’ Club of Assam.
13. Riverside Yoga-Meditation sessions.