From the surging popularity of socialist politicians to the rise of dictators and extremists around the world, the big government goliath seems to be growing all the time. The mainstream media and politicians want you to think this is inevitable. But is there reason for hope for friends of liberty? Can the experiences of think tanks and market reformers around the globe be good for America? What can we learn from free-market reformers fighting in places like Venezuela, Afghanistan, and India?
Come join Brad Lips and Atlas Network to hear the stories the mainstream media does not want you to hear, stories of courage against incredible odds. Come learn more about why the global struggle for liberty is so important and how we are fighting back.
12:30 p.m. Reception
1:00 p.m. Lunch featuring presentation by Brad Lips, CEO of Atlas Network
2:00 p.m. Luncheon concludes
Chief Executive Officer
Brad Lips has served as Atlas Network's Chief Executive Officer since 2009, after previously acting as its Chief Operating Officer. Prior to joining Atlas Network in 1998, Lips conducted equity research for Smith Barney Inc. and policy research for the Progress & Freedom Foundation. He co-founded an Internet startup (subsequently sold to DoubleDutch), after spending his first years out of college at an online service provider while writing for music magazines. Lips is a member of the Mont Pelerin Society and chaired the Organizing Committee of its 2016 General Meeting in Miami. He is a member of the John Templeton Foundation, Templeton World Charity Foundation, and Templeton Religion Trust. His articles have appeared in The Daily Caller, National Review Online, Forbes, Fox News, American Spectator, American Thinker, and RealClearPolitics. Lips speaks widely on free enterprise as a solution to poverty, and on the international freedom champions connected by Atlas Network.
- 2016-09-02-Donors Trust, "Rethinking International Development"
- 2016-03-09-The Daily Caller, "Obama Can't Always Get What He Wants, But If He'd Try Sometime, He Just Might Find, He'd Get Some Folks Freed"
- 2015-04-20- Atlas Network, "Defining Freedom"
- Radio appearance on Bob Zadek Show KKSF AM 910 San Fran (April 24, 2016)
- David & Goliath segment, Fox Business News: STOSSEL, January 15, 2015 (view individual segment here)
- Silencing Guo Yushan, National Review Online, January 14, 2015
- Fall Of The Berlin Wall: Fences To Liberty Still Remain, RealClearPolitics, November 11, 2014
- The Left’s Poverty Posers, The Daily Caller, May 22, 2014
- Crony Capitalism Critics Claim the Moral High Ground: The Left is defending a bankrupt status quo, American Spectator, May 9, 2014
- Join the Inequality Debate: Inequality is a sign of a healthy economy — but only in a free market, without cronyist distortions, National Review Online, April 30, 2014
- The Big Conundrum of Small Government: Only way out is a balanced budget amendment, American Spectator, April 24, 2014
- A Populist Libertarian Youth Movement?, American Thinker, March 24, 2014
- A Gramscian Perspective on Caddyshack: Thomas Frank gets Harold Ramis right, but America wrong., National Review Online, March 8, 2014
- Competitiveness, Not Stimulus, Is Key To Europe's Recovery, Forbes, October 28, 2013
- Bono's right -- it's free enterprise, not food aid, that will lift Africa to prosperity, Forbes, September 4, 2013