Boy Scout Gardening and Plant Science Merit Badges - April 29, 2017
Saturday, April 29, 2017 from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Come visit the Montgomery County Agricultural History Farm Park and learn about gardening at the University of Maryland Grow It Eat It Spring Event!
The Merit Badge program is on April 29th from 10 am–4 pm and will have many talks, demonstrations, and activities to provide information for these Merit Badges. Boy Scouts should check-in at 9:45 a.m.
The event will have a special track and events for Boy Scouts working on their Gardening or Plant Science Merit badges. Scouts will have a special chance to participate in scout only activities as well as everything the event has to offer.
Please pick ticket types based on the merit badge and options you are interested in.
Gardening Merit Badge
- Gardening Merit Badge with the composting option
- Gardening Merit Badge with the hydroponic option (will build a hydroponic system at the event)
- Gardening Merit Badge with the water garden option
Plant Science Merit Badge Horticulture Option
- Plant Science Merit Badge with the Horticulture - Home Gardening option
- Plant Science Merit Badge with the Horticulture - Fruit, Berry, & Nut Crops option
- Scout tickets come with one free chaperone ticket per 5 scouts. All underage participants must have a chaperone with them at all times
- If you are coming as a group and would like to stay together, please purchase your tickets in one order
- Please dress for the weather. Some parts of the event will be outside
- A merit badge counselor will be on site but many parts of these badges need to be worked on over the growing season
- Please bring a lunch - we will also have snacks for sale
- If you would like to work on more than one badge. The Plant Science badge with the Home Gardening option will work with any of the Gardening merit badge options
Additional optional classes:
- Plant Propagation - will give hands on knowledge of propagation by seeds, roots, cuttings, and tubers (will take several plants home)-Register Here
- Tomato Grafting - will give hands on knowledge about grafting tomatoes (will take several plants home)-Register Here
All of our Eventbrite sign ups can be found here.
Save This Event
When & Where
Grow It Eat It - Montgomery County Extension - University of Maryland
Grow It Eat It's vision is one million Maryland food gardeners producing their own affordable, healthy food...sustainably. Supported by University of Maryland Extension faculty and staff, Master Gardener volunteers and the Home and Garden Information Center are leading the way.