In this one day workshop, participants will learn how to construct a box with lid, and will have the ability to customize their boxes with hinged or unhinged lids, decorative papers, dividers, or emboss a simple design into the box or lid. Perfect for catchalls, jewelry, or even for gifts.
* Prior book arts or box making not necessary, all necessary materials and tools supplied.
* Participants are encouraged to bring any decorative or patterned papers they may have at home, or find some at Paper Presentations, Paper Source, Michaels, or Blick.
Below is a list of tools we will be using, feel free to bring your own.
- Brushes for gluing (no bigger than 1-inch wide)
- Scalpels, x-acto, or Olfa blades
- Rulers (at least 6-inches)
- 45-45-90 Triangle with cutting edge