Boulder GORE-TEX® Pro Products and AAC Peek Launch Event
Tuesday, October 15, 2013 from 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM (MDT)
GORE-TEX® Products and the American Alpine Club invite you to join the community in celebrating the launch of a new GORE-TEX Pro technology and a peek into what the AAC is up to locally and nationally. We will be celebrating with Arcteryx, Marmot, Mammut, The North Face, Outdoor Research, Adidas, and Patagonia.
What can I expect to do at Peek?
We have a multitude of activities for you to participate in:
- Try on brand new GORE-TEX® Pro Outerwear from the brands above and take them into our rain room while using our simulated ski machine. Wow!
- Experience the AAC rescue helicopter simulator and save stranded AAC members who have the free rescue insurance.
- Play with GORE-TEX® Technology Labs and be the most informed person at the crag to spray about gear.
- Eat Food and Drink Beer (if you are 21+) and/or Soda.
- Experience short and inspiring presentations from local Live Your Dream Grant recipients as well as local climbers. Be the first to find out about the AAC/ Access Fund sponsored gym to crag initiative coming this fall.
- Mingle with friends at the newly remodeled eTown.
- Win one of three GORE-TEX® Pro Jackets.
- Feel proud to be part of and support the local climbing community. You might even meet a new partner.
What is the schedule for the evening?
6:30-7:30 Food, Drinks, open party (see activities above)
7:30-8 Short Presentation by GORE-TEX® Pro and AAC. Gym to Crag sneak peek. 1st Raffle Drawing
8-8:30 More open party
8:30-9:15 2nd and 3rd Raffle Drawing. Slideshow presentations by local climbers:
- Jeff Golden. 2013 Live your Dream grant recipient who traveled up Liberty Ridge on Mt Rainier. What is the secret to getting $400 from the AAC pursue your climbing bug? Jeff will let us know (Hint:it helps if your last name is the same as the city AAC has its headquarters).
- Joe Sambataro, 2013 Live Your Dream grant recipient who traveled to the Cascades to complete the 2nd ascent of the McNerthney Pillar.
Who is invited to Peek?
Invitiations for Peek are open to anyone but we are especially excited about people who climb or are interested in climbing. The American Alpine Club extends a particularly warm invitation to its membership but you do not need to be a member to attend.
How much are tickets, how do I get them, and do I need one?
If you are on this website you probably already figured this out, but you get them here and they are free. Yep, you need one to be able to attend. We anticipate this selling out so go ahead and get your ticket. 2 Tickets per person limit.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
No, unless you want to drink alcohol.