The themes :
- What does giving and receiving mean to you? Do you know what both feel like? Do you want to? Do you know what feeds and nourishes you and where your challenges are?
- When someone touches you, is it for you or for them? What do both feel like? How does that matter?
- When you touch someone, are you giving to them or are you benefitting? Do they feel different? How do you know? What happens when both are going on?
- Clothed, experiential, agreement related explorations of embodiment practice and touch
- Starting where you are whether you're brand new or experienced in these realms
- Learning about your and respecting others' boundaries
- Learn the Wheel of Consent (a model by Betty Martin) which introduces the 4 quadrants of touch
** While there will be options to explore touch, it is never required and you are free to witness and say no to any experiential, we need those who have a good "no" just as much as those who have a "yes", you are important!
This is for you if:
- you want more connection & intimate community in your life and want support meeting those needs
- you're new to working with me and / or new to group work
- feel discomfort with "receiving" or "giving" and want tools to help
- your exploration of sexuality / intimacy feels exciting or so scary you know you need support
- you know there is more meaning available in relationships & sex but don't know how to find it
* When: Sunday January 29, 2017
* Time: 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm (please arrive by 1:45 pm so we can begin on time
* Location: Kelly's Barn 1360 Sumac Ave Boulder CO 80304
- Note: this location is a residential neighborhood, Kelly's Barn is a large blue barn space located next to a residence. Please be respectful of parking and DO NOT PARK IN THE DRIVEWAYS! When it's cold and snowy and you're running late, you may rationalize it and tell yourself it's fine, but it's not. If there's no parking please park a few blocks away and walk. Thank you!
* Cost: $60.00 , $50.00 early bird before Friday January 20. You can also show up and pay in person, but it's very helpful to know who is coming
-- Please email me if cost is an issue
Intention: This workshop invites the whole self and helps us to integrate any pieces of life & ourselves that have been cast off or rejected by society, our families, partners, lineage, culture, media, etc.
I encourage you to return if you've come before! One time is the tip of an iceberg in an ocean so deep. This is a chance to deepen into a practice. If you feel you need more, please contact me to inquire about a closed group I offer that works with the same content but with the same group participants meeting weekly. You are required to attend a workshop or know me well through the community to join the closed group.
Considerations: If you're a professional in the service world, you may want to consider exploring this for yourself professionally as well as for your personal life. If you're sure it's not for you, please consider sending clients who need / are ready for this type of work as this is a supportive adjunct to other forms of self-work.
Alicia's Role as Facilitator: Alicia is not acting in the capacity as a therapist for events / workshops (though the training is there). Psychotherapy involves working on unfinished business with therapists. While you may have growth experiences and the content can feel therapeutic, this is not group therapy.
** Inclusivity: These events are held in an inclusive container with the explicit intention to be open and welcoming to you and any person, no matter how you and they identify and what appearances & assumptions lend us to believe. Please know you can show up with your fullness and you will be held in your chosen expression & presence.
Please write to Alicia at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions / concerns / discussion etc.
Alicia Patterson, MA, R-DMT, CYT is a Somatic Psychotherapist, trained in Dance Movement therapy and Body Psychotherapy. She has been working with groups and movement for 7 years and thrives on the group field. She sees private clients in Boulder & Denver. She teaches different forms of yoga in Boulder CO and is also trained as a birth doula and provides pregnancy / birth - focused counseling. These workshops and groups are one of her favorite things she's ever done with work!