Boston Wine School Tasting Series
Presented by The Trustees
Every second and fourth Wednesday evening and one Sunday per month, The KITCHEN at Boston Public Market is teaming up with The Boston Wine School to provide fun and educational wine tasting classes. Each class is small and interactive, with tastings of at least six different wines and pairings with cheese and other small bites from the Boston Public Market.
Boston Wine School experts will lead the classes, weaving together stories about the wine origins, scientific facts about why each wine tastes different based on where the grapes are grown, and advice on how to pair with different types of foods to enhance the flavor sensations.
Classes are small - ranging from 16 to 24 people per class. Each class runs for two hours:
- Wednesday - 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Sunday - 4:00 to 6:00 pm
Winter 2017 Schedule:
- Wednesday, March 8, 6-8 pm | Wine, Cheese & The Pursuit Of Happiness | Wine and cheese really hit the jackpot. Both start life as everyday liquids but end up shaped by nature and turned by time into products that are 1000 times more prized. Join us in exploring this wondrous spectrum of wine and cheese. You'll learn how to taste wine and cheese together, what makes a good match, and how to construct the perfect cheese plate.
- Sunday, March 19, 4-6 pm | How to Taste Wine & Why | This is a great 2-hour interactive class for wine lovers who want to get a good grounding in how to taste wine, understand wine, and be more confident. Wine 101 covers everything from the world's greatest wine grapes to wine regions plus buying, ordering or serving wine.
- Wednesday, March 22, 6-8 pm | The Best New Wines You've Never Heard of | One of the greatest things about wine is that there's always something new to discover - grapes, up-and-coming regions, techniques, packaging, and more. This 2-hour class will experience wine regions and wine grapes which are new to the global wine market.
- PRIVATE CLASS FOR BLAKE 12 | Wednesday, April 19, 6-8 pm | THIS SESSION IS RESERVED FOR A PRIVATE CLASS. PLEASE DO NOT BOOK THIS DAY UNLESS YOU ARE WITH THE GROUP BLAKE 12. Thank you! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a private Boston Wine School class.
- Sunday, April 30, 4-6 pm | The Reign of Spain! Introduction to Spanish Wines | Join us for a wine and food tour of Spain all within the four walls of The KITCHEN! Experience the culinary sights, smells and tastes of Spain via your wine glass and cheese plate. By the end of the evening, you will be able to tell your Albarino from your Rioja!
- Wednesday, May 3, 6-8 pm | Language of Wine: Italian Wine Class IN ITALIAN | Wine is a drink that creates great conversation in every language. Experience the language and culture of another country with our Italian wine class in Italian! Your instructor will introduce you to the language of wine as you would hear it in Italy. We invite you to practice your Italian language skills, speak your native tongue or just immerse yourself in the sounds of another country. If you are not a Italian speaker, no worries - English is also gladly spoken here.
- Sunday, May 14, 4-6 pm | Wine and Chocolate: Show Mom The Wine Love! | Who could resist wine or chocolate? Put them together, and you've got one of the world's most delicious pairings. We will explore the spectrum of wine and chocolate possibilities in this 2 hour class. Learn what wine and chocolate have in common and how they develop their unique styles. Taste through a variety of wines and chocolates in search of the most perfect match.
- Wednesday, May 17, 6-8 pm | Wine 101: How To Taste Wine And Why | This is a great 2-hour interactive class for wine lovers who want to get a good grounding in how to taste wine, understand wine, and be more confident. Wine 101 covers everything from the world's greatest wine grapes to wine regions plus buying, ordering or serving wine.
- Wednesday, May 31, 6-8 pm | Seven Deadly Zins | Join us for an absolutely Zin-full evening exploring the variety and depth of Zinfandel. Many of us got our introduction to wine with Zinfandel's “white” (really pink) form. In the fully red form, Zinfandel clearly gained its rock-star status in the warm, sunny valleys of California. We'll experience a couple of European relatives – Primitivo from Italy and Crljenak Kaštelanski from Croatia - now emerging on the wine scene.
- Wednesday, June 14, 6-8 pm | Wine, Cheese & The Pursuit of Happiness | Wine and cheese really hit the jackpot. Both start life as everyday liquids but end up shaped by nature and turned by time into products that are 1000 times more prized. Join us in exploring this wondrous spectrum of wine and cheese. You'll learn how to taste wine and cheese together, what makes a good match, and how to construct the perfect cheese plate.
- Sunday, June 18, 4-6 pm | Father's Day: Taking the Bite Out of Whiskey | They don't call whiskey the "water of life" for nothing, and very now and then, we've all got to go back and get a refill. This interactive tasting class will give you the chance to taste and understand a whole range of whiskey styles, everything from Bully Boy's White Wheat Whiskey and Berkshire Sourmash to Kentucky Rye and blended Irish whiskey. You'll understand the differences between the many types and styles of whiskey, and best of all, you'll go home with an understanding of what you like and why.
- Sunday, June 25, 4-6 pm | Wine 101: Tasting, Thinking & Talking About Wine | This is a great 2-hour interactive class for wine lovers who want to get a good grounding in how to taste wine, understand wine, and be more confident. Wine 101 covers everything from the world's greatest wine grapes to wine regions plus buying, ordering or serving wine.
- Wednesday, June 28, 6-8 pm | Wine Vs. Wine: France and Italy | France produces arguably the most famous and coveted wines in the world. Italy is the largest exporter of wine to the USA in a wide variety of styles and prices. Join us for a France vs. Italy wine taste-off. We will provide some head-to-head match-ups of classic wines representing these two regions and let you be the judge. Learn basic wine tasting skills and how to describe the different personalities of these wines as you can cast votes for your favorites till we declare a winner!
Pre-registration is required. Get your tickets soon; classes sell out fast!
All attendees must be age 21+.
About the Boston Wine School:
The Boston Wine School is the place where everyone can come to learn about wine and food. No matter who you are, no matter how much you know, or don’t know about wine. If you love wine and food, you’ll find a home at the Boston Wine School. Classes are small — 12 to 24 students max — with people at every stage. You learn about wine, but you also learn about yourselves and each other, and that’s what makes Boston Wine School classes different and great.
About The Trustees and The KITCHEN
As one of the largest owners of agricultural land and the premier steward of the cultural and natural landscape of Massachusetts, The Trustees extends its leadership to transform the local food system by connecting residents and visitors back to the land and sharing the Commonwealth’s collective agrarian heritage through innovative retail and educational experiences at the Boston Public Market in the heart of downtown Boston.
The KITCHEN is a community gathering place, managed by The Trustees, that is restoring the craft of seasonal cooking in Massachusetts, New England, and beyond through hands-on classes and educational experiences that celebrate the farmers and artisans of this region. Partnered with the Boston Public Market, The KITCHEN embraces a whole-food approach to eating and promotes cooking as an essential cornerstone of a sustainable food system.
Join The Trustees and receive 20%-50% off all classes, workshops, and events at The KITCHEN and all Trustees properties.