Boston, MA CE Academy
Thursday, March 14, 2013 from 7:45 AM to 12:30 PM (EDT)
March 14, 2013
4 AIA HSW CE Hours
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals
07:45 - 08:00 AM Registration
08:00 – 09:00 AM
Sustainable Materials in Restrooms, Locker Rooms and Other Applications
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course Number: ISP10B
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals | USGBC Course ID: 0090007573
Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
Sponsor: Scranton Products
Presenter: Jim Rogers
• Define and describe the material characteristics of High Density Polyethylene (HDPE).
• Describe how HDPE recycled content reduces environmental impact.
• List several ways HDPE materials offer both initial and long term improvements to the indoor air
quality of any project.
• Explain how responsible manufacturing is a critical part of any product’s life cycle assessment and
give several examples of these environmental improvements over traditional manufacturing processes.
09:10 -10:10 AM
EPDM Defining the Standard for 50 years
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course Number: SDR 113
Provider: Carlisle Syntec
Presenter: Gary Thompson
Participants will learn the features and benefits of EPDM roofing solutions that have been
proven to perform as well as advancements in technology that contribute to higher quality
installations and long term service life.
10:20 -11:20 AM
Steep Slope Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course Number: IMU07C
Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
Sponsor: Metals USA
Presenter: Kevin Martin
• Define stone coated Metal.
• Depict how stone coated Metal roofing is manufactured.
• Explain the benefits of stone coated metal roofing.
• Demonstrate new and innovative ideas to take into the design process for schools, hospitals
and other commercial applications, and to help you through that process.
• Discuss how specifying stone coated metal roofing systems may contribute towards a project
earning LEED certification.
• Describe how Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems are energy efficient & Energy Star qualified.
• Explain the cost benefits of Stone Coated Metal roofing systems.
11:30 - 12:30 PM
Solving Architectural Noise Problems
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course Number: 003696
Provider: International Cellulose Corporation
Presenter: Kent Bradshaw
1. Increase awareness of the need for acoustics before occupancy.
2. Dispel the myths about cellulose as a finish product.
3. Visible and Invisible Finishes.
4. Acoustics & Economics - Light Reflectivity, Creature Comforts, Worker Productivity
and Energy Savings.
5. Life Savety Communications.
When & Where
CE Academy, Inc.
The CE Academy is coming to a city near you!
Are you a design professional or spec writer in need of CE credit hours to maintain your AIA membership or state license? CE Academy, Inc. organizes 4-8 hours of continuing education in a seminar format so you can earn multiple CE hours at one time.
These AIA and/or GBCI registered courses provide education credit. CE Academy will also manage the reporting of your credits to the AIA and email you a certificate of completion for your records after the event.
Available education credits include:
>> AIA HSW CE Hours
>> GBCI CE Hours for LEED® Professionals
>> ADA Hours Accessibility/barrier-free
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a list of accessible education and LEED webinar courses, please visit GreenCE.