BOSFCPUG FREE Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve Workshops + Giveaway!
Tuesday, March 15, 2011 from 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM (EDT)
|Free "Color Grading with Davinci Resolve For Mac" Workshops presented by|
Win a copy of DaVinci Resolve for Mac Color Grading Software ($995 value)!
Students: Learn how Color Grading your projects can improve your stories!
“Color grading is an important part of the editorial finishing process as color stirs emotion and enhances story,” states Daniel Bérubé, Founder/Producer of BOSFCPUG. “We’re proud to offer free workshops with Blackmagic Design on DaVinci Resolve for Mac for students and working creative professionals to discover its power and value as a trusted creative tool in post.”
Details for the event are as follows:
Two (2) FREE two-hour "Color Grading with DaVinci Resolve for Mac" workshops will be offered between 4:00PM and 7:00PM EST on Tuesday, March 15, 2011. You may register for only ONE—the two are exactly the same.
copy of Blackmagic Design’s DaVinci Resolve for Mac will be given away
at the end of each workshop ($995 each value). Attendees will have the opportunity to
enter a drawing at the end of their attended session. Winner must attend
the full session and be present in order to win.
- WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Anyone who has ever considered using color correction in their workflow. These workshops will introduce Blackmagic Design’s DaVinci Resolve for Mac and detail its features and capabilities—such as the advantages of real-time performance in color correction—as well as proper set up and integration with other tools.
- INSTRUCTOR(S): FILMSYSTEMS’ David Catt has been working with Resolve for more than 20 years. He was a London-based colorist when he saw a demo of a DaVinci system in 1986 and quickly became one of the first colorists in Europe to work on DaVinci. He has worked for DaVinci as a demo artist and product manager before moving to FILMSYSTEMS.
- DURATION: 2 hours for each session
- COST: FREE to the Public with Registration
- PRODUCTS MENTIONED: Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve for Mac, Blackmagic Design HD Extreme 3D
- DESCRIPTION: Blackmagic Design’s DaVinci Resolve is the world’s highest performance color correction solution for Mac OS X and Linux computers. DaVinci Resolve on Linux supports more real time color correction than any other system because it’s not limited by the performance of the computer it’s running on. DaVinci Resolve on Linux eliminates this performance barrier because it’s based on a cluster of computers with high performance GPU cards, so all processing is always real time. DaVinci Resolve has the power of a true real time performance solution so handles complex color grades even when using dozens of primaries, secondaries, Power Windows™, multi point tracking, blurs, and more. The new Mac OS X version provides strong performance in a low cost solution. Customers can then easily upgrade from Mac to Linux for supercomputer power to handle 4K resolutions, stereoscopic 3D and real time grading direct from RED raw R3D files can be handled with ease.
- AGENDA: This workshop repeats two times and the agenda is identical for each: 4:00PM-6:00PM (sign-in at 3:30PM); 7:00PM-9:00PM (sign-in at 6:30PM)
A joint collaboration between the Boston Final Cut Pro User Gorup and Blackmagic Design
Get active in our community of professional filmmakers, editors and creatives:
BOSFCPUG on LinkedIn:
BOSFCPUG on Facebook:
Follow BOSFCPUG on Twitter:
Follow FCPUG Network on Twitter: