San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Note: You must have Mac for this bootcamp
Watch video about this boocamp here
In 1-day, 100% hands-on bootcamp you will learn how to start automating iPhone Native app from scratch using Apple’s native library UiTesting and Swift3 programming language.
This highly interactive and group oriented bootcamp will give you a chance to build real automated solution using the hottest Swift programing language in conjunction with newest XCUITest library from Apple.
Do not wait! Get the most in-demand skill set in the market now!
Stand out from the crowd with this highly desirable skill!
This training is for manual testers who want:
- make a shift in the career and become Software Engineer in Test
- make more compensation
- feel more confident in current market
Should I have any programming experience?
Not at all! We will teach you everything from ground zero!
Why we are different?
- We are not typical bootcamp. From first minutes of the bootcamp, you will start writing test code against real iOS app.
- You will work in pair just like at real world job. Pair programming is proven to be very effective and used heavily industry wide.
Why XCUITest not Appium?
- XCUITest is Apple’s native library, thus you will get the latest updates first
- Under a minutes setup vs Appium’s hours of configuration
- Easy to use library
What test automation framework and programming language are we going to use?
- XCTest — Apple native framework for writing Unit and Ui Functional tests
- Swift 3 –a powerful and intuitive open source programming language for macOS, iOS, watchOS and tvOS which is easy to learn
- Ui Testing – new Xcode 8 native library for Ui Functional Test
- Course Outline:
- Learn about iOS native applications automation process
- Learn how to configure iOS XCode on your Mac
- How to use UITesting record feature in XCode to speedup writing tests
- Identifying app elements using XCUIElementQuery methods
- Learn how to get reports from your tests
- Build and run tests from command line using XcodeBuild
- Learn how to debug problems in XCode and resolve it
- Learn basics of Swift programming language
- Do I need to have iPhone for this class?
- Not necessary. We are going to use iPhone simulator which is part of Xcode.
- Are we going to write test for real app?
- Yes. All the tests will be written for real iPhone app. You even will be able show your completed framework with written tests during interview as demo.
- Do I need to have a computer for this class?
- Yes. You would need Mac with minimum hardware requirements: CPU: 2Ghz+, Intel i5+, RAM: 8GbAll required software will be installed prior to the 1st class (Email with instructions will be sent one week prior to the first session)
- What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
- There is free parking next to Building 14
- What's the refund policy?
- 100% refund before 1st class
- No refund thereafter
When & Where
Igor is a test automation manager, currently working at Tinder. He is the key driver behind Tinder's mobile automation team. Before Tinder, Igor worked as an automation lead at Expedia and Barnes & Noble where he built automated solutions for their flagship products. Beside testing, Igor is also passionate about teaching. In 2013 he founded BayQATraining -- a company that provides online and on-site training for those who want to become test auotmation experts. He is constant guest at various meetups around Bay Area and was a presenter at GTAC (Google Test Automation Conference) on topic “Mobile Automation in Continues Delivery Pipeline”.