I've written three bestselling books, but have never thrown a single party. Lame! To make up for this, I'm throwing a great party now. Both to repay my party-debt and to celebrate the release of my 4th book, and I'd be delighted if you'd help make it a great night.
The book is callled Mindfire: Big Ideas for Curious Minds - its a best-of collection of provocative and humourous essays, edited and curated in one amazing new book.
Why you should come:
- Great food/drinks by Resteraunt Zoe / Quinn's Pub
- Meet cool people who are my friends and fans
- Free copies of the book for first 50 people
- I'll give a short and entertaining talk
- You'll need a ticket (they're free!) to get in
- Doors open at 7pm, Thurs Nov 3rd. 2011
- The venue, Sole Repair, is located at 1001 E Pike
- The short talk will be at 7:30pm
Bring a friend or three (get tickets), especially if they have popular blogs, a zillion twitter followers, or happen to have mind control powers over the editors of the New York Times Book Review. In all cases, your attendance will help spread the word of a great little new book. Hope to see you.
For those of you not familiar with me: I've written three bestsellers (Making Things Happen, The Myths of Innovation, and Confessions of a Public Speaker). My work has appeared in the New York Times, Washington Post, The Economist, BusinessWeek and on NPR, CNBC and MSNBC. I've been writing a popular blog for nearly a decade at www.scottberkun.com and I tweet at @berkun.
Use #mindfire to talk about the event if you're twitter inclined.