Actions and Detail Panel
Body Positive Beginners' Workshop
Sun, April 30, 2017, 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM BST
This workshop is an opportunity to start or develop your practice with a focus on general postures. You will learn the fundamental alignment to set up your practice. We will be looking at standing poses in detail. I will be demonstrating the use of props to support the body allowing you to experience the postures safely.
This is a body positive workshop open to all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicity.
You’ll learn how to:
- Breathe in flow with your movements
- Make the yoga postures work for you no matter what your body shape or size
- Find good alignment in poses
- Use blocks and props to support your body
- Find your focus and calm your mind
- Key principles which you can apply to any yoga pose in class
- Posture clinic - break down postures and receive hands-on adjustments
- Q&A session - ask questions about specific issues you're dealing with
- Great opportunity to meet other beginners in a safe and judgement free environment.
- Beginners and anyone new to yoga.
- People who are new to yoga and want to learn the basic principles in a slower-paced, more interactive setting
- People with several months of class experience who want to step back and refresh on the fundamental principles of yoga postures and practice
We are a body lovin’ absolutely accepting space. All genders, shapes, size, ethnicity and levels are welcome.
Wear what you like, be who you are, you are amazing just as you are right now and I want to help you feel comfy in your skin.
You will be body confident and learn more self-acceptance and self-love - inhabiting your body with more ease and comfort (wow, isn’t that a great idea!)
Check out this article to find out more about body positive classes: [www.yogamatters.com]
We believe that everyBODY is a yoga body.
So if you have always wanted to try yoga but you did not believe you had a yoga body now here's you chance to give it a try in a safe and judgement free environment.