In taking the Bodhisattva Vow, one makes a commitment to work towards the enlightenment of all beings.
The prerequisite is having taken refuge at least six months prior to the Bodhisattva Vow, and be practicing regularly.
1. Obtain a letter of approval from their meditation instructor (required).
2. Study the Bodhisattva Vow Sourcebook, which contains suggested readings.
3. Understand the importance of offering a bodhisattva gift to the lineage. This is something they are literally or symbolically attached to, and it is as necessary for the ceremony as the actual moment of taking the vow.
4. If possible, attend the Bodhisattva Vow Preparatory Talk with Shastri Sandra Ladley at the Berkeley Shambhala Center, Sunday, March 9, 2014 at 11 AM.
5. Prior to the ceremony, an interview with Acharya Moore is required. The interview will take approximately 15 minutes. The following are the opportunities for interviews; please indicate on your application form which of these interviews you would like to select.
Friday, March 14, 2014, 4-6 PM at Santa Rosa Shambhala Center
Saturday, March 15, 2014, 9 AM to 12 PM at San Francisco Shambhala Center
6. Register on this page.
7. Contact Peggy Kass, peggykass [at] gmail [dot] com express your interest in taking the Bodhisattva Vow. She will send you an application and Meditation Instructor recommendation forms.
Bodhisattva Vow ceremony will take place on Saturday, March 22nd at 3 PM. Only those who have previously taken the Bodhisattva Vow may attend, although guests may attend the Refuge Vow ceremony at 4 p.m. and reception at 5 p.m. which will follow.
As is traditional, please consider offering a heart gift (amount is up to you) to Acharya Moore at the interview or ceremony (this gift is different from the gift to the lineage you are asked to make as an integral part of the Bodhisattva vow ceremony).
This is not a San Francisco Shambhala program, so membership discounts do not apply.
Have questions about Bodhisattva Vow with Acharya Melissa Moore | REGISTRATION CLOSED AS OF MARCH 8TH?
Contact Northern California Shambhala