BoardMatch helps you learn about first-time board service and matches you to a nonprofit in Santa Cruz or Monterey counties serving a cause you care about.
Our next BoardMatch is offered in partnership with Driscoll's and takes place at their corporate campus in Watsonville.
Outreach to Monterey County nonprofits provided by the Center for Nonprofit Excellence at the Community Foundation for Monterey County.
Is BoardMatch For Me?
Yes, if you reside in either Santa Cruz or Monterey counties and want to find a nonprofit board to join.
Yes, if you're not currently serving on a board OR you haven't been recruited onto one.
Yes, if in addition to wanting help finding a match you want to learn the basics of being an engaged board member.
Yes, if you want to build your professional résumé and network with other committed individuals.
Does it Work?
It sure does. Since 2004, we've helped over 150 people find a nonprofit board.
Over two-evening program you get:
- An overview of the nonprofit sector and how it works.
- An understanding of the board’s legal responsibilities and governance role.
- Your questions about board service answered (and any fears addressed) in a fun group setting.
- An opportunity to participate in a simulated board meeting of a fictitious nonprofit, with a real-life decision for you to make.
- Time to meet with 3-4 potential nonprofit matches during our high-energy Nonprofit Speed Dating.
- Time to network with other people like you.
Wednesdays, June 7 (6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.) and June 21 (6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.)
Email Luis Chabolla or call 831.662.2030.