Jam With Us !
Designed for beginner and intermediate players, this 10-week course explores the basics of harmonica playing in various styles, from blues to folk and rock. By the end of the course you will able to play tunes by Stevie Wonder, the Beatles, Billy Joel, Leonard Cohen, Blues Traveler among others! In addition you will acquiere a solid grasp of basic harmonica technique, including chords accompaniment, playing single-note melodies, bending, vibrato and how to play along with a band. Instructional materials and Mp3 recordings are provided. The students will need to bring a harmonica in the key of C. Hohner Harmonica models such as Hohner Golden Melody, Special 20 and Marine Band are recommended.
The weekly lessons are designed for diatonic harmonica players. Participant will be placed with those of similar abilities and skills to allow each person to progress at their own pace while immersed in a shared musical experience.
1 Hour Harmonica Group Class- $40
10 Group Harmonica Classes – $389
Enrollments limited to 6 students per class.
Sign up early to reserve your place!
Save This Event
When & Where
244 Rehearsal Studios NY
244 W 54th Street, 10th floor
Yvonnick was born in Paris, France on January 19. He began as a guitarist, later switching to the diatonic harmonica, and eventually settling on the chromatic harmonica as his primary instrument. He first began playing the harmonica professionally in Parisian clubs at 17, then started his studies at Sorbonne University, from which he received a master’s degree in music (2011). While still enrolled at the Sorbonne, Prené relocated to New York City and was awarded multiple full-tuition scholarships at The City College of New York, (MICEFA, 2007), Columbia University (Alliance Program, 2008) and at the New School for Jazz and Contemporary Music (Merit-Based Scholarship, 2009) where he had the opportunity to study with Lee Konitz and Reggie Workman among others. In 2012 he earned a bachelor’s degree in music from The New School for Jazz & Contemporary Music.
He has performed and recorded with a wide range of artists, including Donald Brown, Klingande, Romeo Santos, Peter Bernstein, Scott Tixier,Gene Bertoncini, Rich Perry, Steve Cardenas, Jon Cowherd, Nate Smith, Ira Coleman,Thomas Enhco, Luques Curtis, Justin Brown, Donald Edwards, Lorin Cohen, Mike Moreno, Jared Gold, Laurent Cugny, Cyrille Aimée, Alexandre Tassel, Yaron Herman, Laurent de Wilde, Ryan Cohan, Victor Provost among many others. Yvonnick has played at Blue Note Jazz Club, at the Iridium Jazz Club, at Birdland (New York jazz club) at Bern Jazz Festival (Switzerland), Lamentin Jazz Festival (Martinique), Festival Emoi du Jazz (Cote d’Ivoire), Green Mill Cocktail Lounge, at Jazz in Marciac, Jazz on Ubaye, Jazz Sur Seine Festival, at Le Duc des Lombards (France).
Yvonnick is the founder of New York Harmonica School,the first harmonica school in NYC. Yvonnick is currently based in Manhattan, New York.
- Breathe, (2016)
- Merci Toots, featuring Pasquale Grasso, (2015)
- Wonderful World, Padam Swing Band, (2014)
- Jour de Fête, Steeplechase Records, (2013)
- A Door, Joonsam, Origin Records, (2016)
- Scott Tixier, Cosmic Adventure, Sunnyside Records, (2016)
- Through the Badlands, Arthur Vint and Associates, Ropeadope Records, (2016)
- Home, Lorin Cohen, Origin Records, (2015)
- Dunya, Farah Siraj, (2014)
- Talking Strings, Darius Scheider (2013)
- Arty Facts, Arnon Palty, (2012)
- Sings Tess, Bianca Wu, BMA, (2012)
- The New York Flamenco Jazz Project, “Mosaico”, Eureka Musik Produktionen, (2012)
- Jazz Me Up, Bianca Wu, BMA, (2010)
- Movements, Alexandre Tassel, Naive, (2008)
- Euro Latin Jazz, Rebecca Vallejo, Cuca Jazz Production, (2007)
- 100 Jazz Patterns for Chromatic Harmonica, Playing Jazz Harmonica Vol 1, CreateSpace, (2015)
- Classical Themes for Chromatic Harmonica, CreateSpace, (2015)
- Jazz Etudes for Chromatic Harmonica, Playing Jazz Harmonica Vol 2, CreateSpace, (2015)
Trophy of Sunside, Paris (2007)
BA The New School for Jazz and Contemporary Music (2011)
MA Music Research Sorbonne University, Paris (2011)