Actions and Detail Panel
Blue Water SandFest
Fri, Jul 14, 2017, 10:00 AM – Sun, Jul 16, 2017, 4:00 PM EDT
5TH ANNUAL BLUE WATER SANDFEST RETURNS TO FORT GRATIOT LIGHT STATION JULY 14-16, 2017
A weekend full of fun for the whole family!
The strongest field of Masters yet assembled will compete in the 5th Annual Michigan Sand Sculpting Championships as Blue Water SandFest returns to the Fort Gratiot Light Station July 14-16, 2017.
The event has become one of the most important sand sculpture competitions in the United States and has been named one of USA Today’s Top 10.
This family-friendly event offers a wonderful array of activities for guests of all ages.
Friday and Saturday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM ~ Sunday 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- It takes a full week from start-up to tear-down
- Over 450 tons of sand are brought to the Fort Gratiot Light Station
- The public has three days to view the sculptures as they progress from piles of sand to works of art – Friday, July 14 to Sunday, July 16
- The event will feature 6 Master Sculptors and 8 Advanced Amateurs
- Saturday - Amateur sculptors, individuals and groups, will compete. This is an open competition for kids, families, adults and groups.
- Family fun – Kid’s Zone with sand sculpting lessons taught by professional artists, crafts
- Live entertainment all weekend long – music, Quick Sand Competition, and sand sculpting demonstrations
- Food vendors and an adult beverage tent
- Beach access for people to bring their towels and relax while watching the progress of the sculptors throughout the day
Children 4 and under are free.
All proceeds from Blue Water SandFest are used for restoration of the Fort Gratiot Light Station.
Fort Gratiot Light Station County Park, 2802 Omar Street, Port Huron, MI 48060
Additional event information is available at www.bluewatersandfest.com.