The Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Classroom Course is designed to provide a wide variety of healthcare professionals the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner.
This course is for healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings.
• Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care.
• Critical concepts of high-quality CPR.
• The American Heart Association Chain of Survival.
• 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant.
• 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant.
• Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques.
• Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant.
• Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant.
• Relief of choking for adult, child and infant.
• CPR with an advanced airway.
• Compression/ventilation rate and ratio for a patient who has an advanced airway in place.
Update Course: Approximately 4 hours, including skills practice and testing.
* Course time is based on a ratio of 1 Instructor, 6 students and 2 manikins
Duration may vary due to:
In the classroom, students participate in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations. Students work with an AHA BLS Instructor to complete BLS skills practice and skills testing. Students also complete a written exam.
Course Cost $40.00
Online Deposit: $5.00
Payment at class: $35.00
American Heart Classes
San Fernando Valley
10200 Sepulveda Blvd #160
Mission Hills, CA 91345
American Heart Classes, also known as CPR 3G has been in the field of education since 1998. We began as a home-based and traveling business with the founder teaching CPR/BLS classes to his colleagues in the medical field. We have evolved and grown with the courses we offer and have been fortunate to develop relationships with highly skilled and knowledgeable instructors while establishing corporate relationships and an exceptional reputation. We continue to travel for our students and now have locations in the San Fernando Valley, Ventura County, Bakersfield and Las Vegas. We also offer education for schools, churches and other members of the community. American Heart Classes has membership and recognition with the Better Business Bureau, Chamber of Commerce and Trustlink. We continue to evolve through the quality of our instructors, variety of courses, and ability to be flexible in order to accommodate our loyal students while maintaining consistency with our attention to detail and client support.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.