San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The American Heart Association’s Heartcode BLS allows students to independently access instructional videos online then participate in a hands-on skills session.
Upon choosing "Online & Skills- Includes online code" option for this course, you will be emailed a key code for the online portion which you must complete anytime before the skills session which you have chosen.
If you have done the online already, you may choose the "Skills Session Only (must do online portion first)" option.
Either way, you must bring your certificate from the online portion.
In this eLearning (online lessons blended with hands-on skills session) course through the American Heart Association, healthcare professionals learn to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR to victims of all ages, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner. This class is required for most healthcare providers, nursing students and medical students. The course content includes:
- Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
- 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
- Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
- Relief of choking for adult, child and infant
- CPR with an advanced airway
- Team Rescues
Save This Event
When & Where
Vital Act CPR & First Aid Training
We are proud providers of American Heart Association classes including BLS for Healthcare providers, Heartsaver First Aid CPR/AED with pediatric option, Friends & Family CPR, and Bloodborne Pathogens. We are also proud providers of American Red Cross classes including Layrescuer CPR/AED First Aid, Babysitter Training, and Wilderness and Remote First Aid. We can travel to your location for a group also. If you do not see the class you need pre-scheduled please call for further assistance at 903-944-7599. If the pre-scheduled classes do not coordinate with your schedule please call to custom schedule a class at no additional cost. We do offer military discount/ partial refund when you present military ID at the time of class. We also offer corporate discount to employees of certain companies.