The American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers course focuses on training healthcare providers how to effectively respond to cardiac and respiratory emergencies. This program is directed at medical responders including, EMS, Fire, Hospital personnel or those that may function in the clinical setting.
This program will prepare students to identify common life-threatening emergencies such as:
- A person having a heart attack or stroke
- A person suffering from cardiac or respiratory arrest
- A person who is choking
- Two person CPR including airway control
- A child or infant with a respiratory or cardiac emergency including CPR
- The proper usage of the AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
- Proper usage of basic airway devices including the BVM (Bag valve mask)
- Safety factors that are critical in an emergency situation
Students are guided step by step through video and instructor lead hands-on practice. The training environment is stress free and designed to help facilitate learning for those who wish to learn and/or improve their skills in basic life support.
TOTAL TUITION = $65.00
Tuition & Fees
All tuition and fees are due upon registration. All registrations are first come, first enrolled! Students who do not have a credit card to complete the registration process online, must register for class and make payment in person at HVA’s EMS Education, 1200 State Circle, Ann Arbor, MI. The deadline to register for any program is TWO WEEKS prior to class, no exceptions, providing spaces are available!
NOTE: HVA’S EMS Education retains the right to deny any application, for any reason. If the school denies the application of a student before the first day of class, all tuition and fees paid will be refunded. There are NO REFUNDS for course supplies, including textbooks, uniforms, required equipment, or costs incurred for background checks and drug screens.
ALL TUITION FEES paid by the applicant shall be refunded if requested in writing within three (3) business days after registering for any HVA sponsored course.
Otherwise, if a student withdraws or is dismissed from the program for any reason AFTER the 3 business days following registration, they will be responsible for payment according to the following schedule:
- Students who withdraw two weeks prior to the start of class/module for any EMS course will receive a full refund of the course tuition, less a $25 administration fee. The student must notify HVA EMS Education department in writing.
- Students who fail to give at least two weeks notice (in writing), or who fail to withdraw prior to the start of the (2nd) second week of class, will forfeit 25% of the total course tuition.
- After the start of any EMS course, any student who fails to withdraw prior to the start of the (3rd) third week of class, will forfeit 100% of the total course tuition.
All refunds are returned within 30 days.