Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
NEW - Updated with 2015 AHA Guidelines for CPR & ECC.
Basic Life Support (BLS) is designed for healthcare professionals who need to learn how to perform CPR for a job or regulatory requirements. This includes nurses, physicians, EMS personnel, healthcare students, physical therapist, occupational therapist, athletic trainers, and other health professionals.
The BLS Course trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED. Students participate in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations.
The BLS for Healthcare Provider program teaches:
• High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
• The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
• Use of an AED
• Effective ventilations using a barrier device
• Importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
• Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
Skills are taught, practiced, and assessed under the leadership of our experienced instructors. Students who successfully complete the skills assessment and multiple choice exam, will recieve a course completion card valid for 2 years.
(This course is for healthcare professionals. First Aid is not taught in the class)
If you are a non-medical personnel needing a completion card for a job or other requirements, or wish to learn first aid, you can visit our website to view our Heartsaver courses.
If you just wish to learn CPR and do not need a course completion card, you can view our Family & Friends course.