It’s a new year, and now more than ever it seems we still need great, affordable events to learn about social media best practices. BlogPotomac 2009 will be held on the second Friday of June this year (June 12) at the State Theatre again. Like last year, 2009’s line-up features seven sessions from some of the sharpest minds in the business including this year’s keynote Shel Holtz.
Here’s the full line-up…
- Author Shel Holtz will deliver our keynote
- Ace Political Blogger Shireen Mitchell on Government 2.0 and political blogging
- Ford Social Media Lead Scott Monty discusses integration of social media from a corporate perspective
- SOBCon Organizer and Successful Blog Author Liz Strauss will kick off the afternoon
- Social Media Consultants Aaron Brazell (Technosailor) and Altitude Marketing’s Amber Naslund will be on a two person panel discussing personal branding versus organizational social media
- Network Solutions Social Media Swami Shashi Bellamkonda will discuss how social media has changed the world by requiring immediate response
To get a little more unconference-like this time, our seventh and final session topic will be determined by attendees in a month-long open voting session starting on April 1. In general, our modified format will remain the same.
Any profits will be donated to a charity once all costs are paid.
When & Where
Livingston Communications is one of the leading "new public relations" agencies in the greater Washington area, serving a wide variety of companies with diverse communication programs. The company's Buzz Bin blog (www.livingstonbuzz.com/blog) is regularly ranked as one of the top PR blogs in the world.