Blogger Agent for BlogHer 2014
Thursday, July 24, 2014 at 12:00 AM - Saturday, July 26, 2014 at 11:30 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
- Wishing you could attend BlogHer this year but can't afford it?
- Do you have a hard time connecting with the exhibitors and sometimes wish you had an "advocate" or "liaison" that could represent you and your Blog?
- Are you stretched too thin at BlogHer and feel like you're missing the "upcoming trends" in the industry?
If you answered yes to any (or all of the above) then it's time for us to talk!
I'm April Welch and I've been around the blog-o-sphere for several years, not as a Blogger but as a Connector.
My "little black book" contains contacts as large as Samsung, Lazy-Boy and Gatorade to as boutique as Honest Tea, Boiron and StandzOut.
I always attend BlogHer with a plan and love getting Bloggers connected to the right fit in a way that is sustainable AND profitable.
After making connections for friends over the years and running blogger outreach campaigns, I decided it was time to step it up a bit and head to San Jose with an official Portfolio of Bloggers!
What the BlogHer 2014 Portfolio Package Includes:
- 30 minute pre-conference consultation to solidify your "one sheet" for the portfolio
- Review your submission directly with April
- If necessary, discuss ways to improve your first impression
- Representation of your Blog leading up to andthrough BlogHer '14
- an email to April's own PR list
- a badge on Flirting With Social pointing to your "media kit"
- a pin on the BlogHer14 Portfolio Board linked to your "about me" page
- when relevant/appropriate:
- tweets and instagram mentions
- Copy of "Contacts Made" spreadsheet from all business cards April receives during the exhibit hall hours
- broken up by what type of connection they are looking for - reviewers, ambassadors, guest bloggers, etc
- Follow up report including
- "pulse of the industry"
- what kind of conversation(s) did April have with vendors, attendees and industry leaders?
- "who heard about your blog"
- a record of recommendations made and/or where your blog needs to be focusing attention for future partnerships
- recommendations for moving forward
- next steps are essential after making connections, this will establish the start of a road map - the rest will be up to you, the Blogger!
- Post BlogHer14 Google+ Hangout
- a time for the everyone to ask questions and/or hear recommendations on monetization - after reviewing the follow up report
- "pulse of the industry"
When & Where
Social Media School NCW, a division of Flirting With Social
Flirting With Social is a one woman show. Ran by April Welch, a recovering organizing expert, who loves to teach new tricks to old dogs.
Focused on helping entrepreneurs, small businesses and newbies learn the "ropes" in social media marketing. Her workshops are entertaining, educational and motivate the attendee to take action with the tools they bring home.