RSVP by October 12, 2016
- Introduce the BlackFemaleProject story collection
- Create a space where women can talk openly
- Provide a structured collaboration space
- understand the BlackFemaleProject story collection process
- be encouraged and supported
- return to writing with renewed enthusiasm
- Welcome & Gratitude
- Project Introduction
- Closing Ritual
- Exit Survey
- Metered street parking available
- Free street parking available a few blocks in any direction
- Parking lots available in the area
Join us for a rich discussion about the strategies and techniques that Black women use to thrive in the workplace.
- What strategies have we developed to thrive professionally?
- What lessons have we learned?
- How are we passing knowledge to the girls coming behind us?
Over the years, our host, Precious J. Stroud, has personally grappled with these questions and heard from countless others with similar experiences, which is what led to the creation of BlackFemaleProject. The project focuses on preparing black girls and young women for what they will face in the workplace. For more information, visit the project website at www.BlackFemaleProject.