This is a two-part workshop held synchronously (live) online in Blackboard Collaborate Ultra.
- Part 1: Fri. 4/21 at 1:30-3:00 PM
- Part 2: Fri. 4/28 at 1:30-3:00 PM
Leeward CC now has the new Blackboard Collaborate Ultra version, a completely re-designed Blackboard Collaborate Web Conferencing platform that’s simple, mobile-friendly, and can be used to support a 21st-century teaching and learning environment. Use Blackboard Collaborate Ultra to facilitate interactive instruction and host meetings allowing you and your students to learn together and work collaboratively in a synchronous (live) online environment. Features include: two-way audio, multi-point video, interactive whiteboard, application and desktop sharing, breakout groups, session recording, and more.
This is a two-part workshop held synchronously (live) online in Blackboard Collaborate Ultra. Part 1 will allow you to learn how to use Blackboard Collaborate Ultra, including hands-on activities to practice using it for interactive activities. Part 2 will allow you to demonstrate your learning by participating in and facilitating your own 5-10 minute interactive session with an audience using Blackboard Collaborate Ultra to do the following:
- Interact with the audience using the mic and chat tools (*web cam and raise hand tools).
- Load and share an image, PowerPoint, or PDF to the media space.
- Use (and/or have Participants use) a few whiteboard tools (e.g. pointer tool, text tool, pen tool, eraser tool) to interact/engage with your audience and/or with your content or whiteboard on the media space.
- Use the polling tool with the audience, show the results, and clear the polling or end the polling session.
- Use Application Sharing to share an application on your computer or your computer’s desktop.
- *Use Breakout Groups to facilitate a small group activity – create groups, move participants into and out of Breakout Groups, move yourself (Moderator) from room to room.
Upon successful completion, you'll earn the Blackboard Collaborate Moderator badge (useful to include as evidence in your dossier) and a new Blackboard Collaborate account with the ability to create multiple sessions in the new Ultra experience.
Prepare for the Workshop
Prior to attending the first workshop session, please do the following:
- Complete the pre-workshop activity.
- Have a USB headset with mic (preferred). You could also use earbuds with mic (like what you use with your cell phone).
- Make sure you have the Google Chrome browser installed on your computer. (Blackboard Collaborate works best with Google Chrome and it’s necessary if you want to use the application sharing feature.)
- Install the Desktop Sharing Google Chrome extension.