IFMA R&D Council presents:
Bio/Pharm and Building Codes: Planning and Designing for Safety and Performance
From a fire protection, chemical control and life safety standpoint, regulatory agencies impact everything from the storage and use of hazardous materials to the relationship of lab and office spaces.
This presentation considers how these requirements may affect not only capital projects, but also how they impact operational decisions that are being made by facilities owners and tenants. Issues to be discussed include:
- What building and site fire protection and life safety features enter into the decision making for design or selection of an appropriate building for bio/pharma occupancy?
- What are the limitations for location of bench scale, pilot scale and large scale processing in existing and new buildings?
- How do the latest changes in the International Building and Fire Codes impact the placement of Group B, F and H occupancies? Do these changes allow for greater flexibility for end users?
- How do the code requirements impact capital costs for bio/pharma facilities?
- What are the approaches for marketing laboratory and process space to prospective tenants, taking into consideration whether an existing or new building can support the biology and chemistry functions being proposed?
- What factors are important on the operations side, as users occupy buildings that are subject to the allowances in the codes for chemical storage and use?
Jonathan M. Eisenberg, P.E., Vice President
Rolf Jensen & Associates, Inc.
William Harris, Principal
Perkins & Will
Steve Carbonneau, President
The Richmond Group
3:30 pm Registration
4:00 pm – 5:00 pm Program and Q&A
5:15 pm – 6:30 pm Networking Reception with cocktails and Hors D’oeuvres
To be held at:
Genzyme Corporate Headquarters
500 Kendall Street
Paid parking is available at Pilgrim Parking, 350 Kendall Street, Cambridge, MA 02142
No on-site registration.
If you won't be able to make the event, please cancel your registration no less than 24 hours prior to the event for a full refund.
The Richmond Group
Integrated Builders, Inc.
When & Where
IFMA Research & Development Council
The Research and Development Council is one of the many specialized groups of the International Facility Management Association (IFMA). The members are a diverse collection of individuals involved in R&D facility management encompassing a wide variety of industries (basic sciences, biotechnology, chemicals, consumer products, health care, pharmaceutical, petrochemical, telecommunications, technology, etc.). These facility professionals have the responsibility to effectively plan, design, construct, utilize and maintain a variety of buildings and facilities for their owners and clients.