Welcome to the 12th Annual Bike for the Brain, an event for mental health.
Monday, September 4, 2017 (Labor Day)
7:00 am: Check-in and onsite registration
8:00 am: Riders launch
Johnson County Mental Health Center
6000 Lamar Avenue
Mission, KS 66202
Bike for the Brain, a 501(c)(3) organization, hosts an annual community bicycle ride and event to increase awareness that all people have the potential to recover from mental health disorders; that these are brain-based emotional, behavioral, and cognitive experiences that are common to many people; and to provide funding to Kansas City based organizations that help people to reclaim their mental health.
More than 500 people participated in last years event. We have awarded 26 grants totalling $67,500. We are growing in partnerships, information sharing, and volunteer involvement. Come join us for the fun!
Highlights of this year’s Labor Day event will include:
- Urban/rural cycling courses of 11, 32, and 67 miles, 8 a.m.
- Rest stops along the route.
- One mile Walk for Recovery, 10 a.m.
- Tricycle Challenge, 10:30 a.m. Adults who donate $100 will pit their child-size tricycle racing skills against one another. Children can race the course at 11 a.m.
- "Where to Turn" where local agencies can share information about mental health topics and the services they provide. Click here for more information: Bring Your Own Table
- Delicious refreshments from Panera Bread, Liberty Fruit, Parisi Coffee, and more!
- On-site Registration begins at 7a.m.
Visit our home page for more information: www.bikeforthebrain.org
B4B Merchandise can be purchased with your event registration. It can be found at the bottom of the page after clicking "Order Now" above.
If you're interested in volunteering for this year's event, please click here.