Actions and Detail Panel
Bike for the Brain 2016 Volunteering
Mon, Sep 5, 2016, 6:00 AM
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the 11th Annual Bike for the Brain, an event for mental health.
Click the "Register" button above to view multiple options for volunteering for the event. Please select one that fits with your interests and schedule.
Please click here if you're interested in riding in this year's event.
General Event Info:
Monday, September 5, 2016 (Labor Day)
Setup 6:00 am, Registration 7:00 am, riders launch: 8:00 am.
Johnson County Mental Health Center
6000 Lamar Avenue
Mission, KS 66202
Bike for the Brain, a 501(c)(3) organization, hosts an annual community bicycle ride and event to increase awareness that all people have the potential to recover from mental health disorders; that these are brain-based emotional, behavioral, and cognitive experiences that are common to many people; and to provide funding to Kansas City based organizations that help people to reclaim their mental health.
More than 500 people participated in last years event. We have awarded 21 grants totalling $52,500. We are growing in partnerships, information sharing, and volunteer involvement. Come join us for the fun!
Highlights of this year’s Labor Day event will include:
- Urban/rural cycling courses of 11, 32, 56 and 67 miles, 8 a.m.
- Rest stops at Community Partners along the route.
- One mile Walk 4 Recovery, 10 a.m.
- Tricycle Challenge, 10:30 a.m. Adults who donate $100 will pit their child-size tricycle racing skills against one another. Children can race the course at 11 a.m.
- Recovery Information Exchange where local agencies can share information about mental health topics and the services they provide.
- Delicious refreshments from Panera Bread, Freddy’s Frozen Custard, Whole Foods, and Costco
- On-site Registration begins at 7a.m.
Visit our home page for more information: www.bikeforthebrain.org