On Tuesday, September 10, 2013, Hasted Kraeutler Gallery will host a fundraiser to support Big Life Foundation.
The evening will include a talk by Nick Brandt, co-founder of Big Life Foundation, an exhibition of Nick's recent work and book release of "Across The Ravaged Land", as well as an auction of his photographs.
100% of print proceeds go to Big Life Foundation.
|When:||Tuesday, September 10, 2013|
|6:00 PM - 9:00 PM|
|Timeline:||Event begins at 6:00 PM|
|Cocktails and hors d'oeuvres will be served|
|Live auction begins at 7:00 PM|
|Where:||Hasted Kraeutler Gallery|
|537 West 24th Street|
|New York, NY 10011|
|Parking:||Free parking after 6:00 PM|
|Garage parking located directly across from the gallry is also available.|
||To preview the event auction prints, please click here.|
||If you are interested in placing an absentee bid, please contact Wendie Wendt at at 206.890.0073 or firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Donation to Big Life:||
For those unable to attend, please consider making a donation at www.biglife.org/donations
||Please contact Wendie Wendt at 206.890.0073 or email@example.com.|
Big Life is very grateful for the generosity of our sponsors:
- ATRIUM DUMBO: We are very grateful to Atrium Dumbo for generously donating all of the tasty dishes being served at Big Life Foundation's annual New York fundraiser.
- KOPALI CHOCOLATES: We are very grateful to Kopali Chocolates for generously donating their luscious, organic chocolates being served at Big Life Foundation's annual New York fundraiser.
- BURN THE IVORY: We are very grateful to Burn the Ivory for generously donating their 100% made and engraved in the USA Burn the Ivory ~ Save the Elephant Bracelet to Big Life Foundation's annual New York fundraiser.
- FLOWERS BY TOPAZ: We are very grateful to Flowers by Topez for providing the orchids for Big Life Foundation's annual New York fundraiser.
- OAK BEVERAGES: We are very grateful to Oak Beverages for generously donating the vodka for the signature drinks being served at Big Life Foundation's annual New York fundraiser.
- [WHEREVER] AN OUT OF PLACE JOURNAL: We are very grateful to [Wherever] An Out Of Place Journal for writing an article about Big Life's work and covering Big Life Foundation's annual New York fundraiser.
When & Where
Big Life Foundation
Big Life Foundation was founded by photographer Nick Brandt and conservationist Richard Bonham in September 2010.
With Richard Bonham as Director of Operations for Big Life in Africa, and Project Manager Damian Bell in Tanzania, Big Life has now expanded and employs over 315 rangers, maintains 31 ranger outposts, has 15 vehicles, and 2 planes for aerial monitoring and protecting 2 million acres of wilderness in the Amboseli-Tsavo ecosystem of East Africa.
Big Life was the first organization in East Africa with co-ordinated cross-border anti-poaching operations.
Recognizing that sustainable conservation can only be achieved through a community-based collaborative approach, Big Life uses innovative conservation strategies to reduce the loss of wildlife to poaching, defeat the ivory trade, mitigate human-wildlife conflict and manage scarce and fragile natural resources.
Big Life’s vision is to take the successful holistic conservation model in the Amboseli-Tsavo ecosystem and replicate it across the African continent.